Position Open: Administrative Coordinator
Position Title: Administrative Coordinator
Status: Full-time, 40 hrs./week
Compensation: $46,000 – $50,000
The Women’s Fund of Western Massachusetts (WFWM) is a public foundation serving Berkshire, Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden counties. We pool the resources of women and other allies to create access and opportunities for the girls and women of Western Mass. We sponsor research to bring the best ideas forward and celebrate solutions. We maintain an endowment to ensure resources are sustainable for long-term efforts. We uphold our reputation as a trusted and powerful convener with a history of effective partnership and inclusion. We engage influencers by centering and amplifying the voices of women most impacted by gender discrimination. We provide women, girls and the nonprofits that serve them with the tools they will need to advance gender equity and we promote civic engagement as an important way to expand our political power and create long-term change. We foster a culture of learning and organizational effectiveness so that we can efficiently transform knowledge into steady, high-quality, progress.
The Administrative Coordinator works closely with the Senior Director of Operations, CEO, Board of Directors, and WFWM board committees to meet the Fund’s administrative goals.
Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Support
- Acts as primary point of contact with Board of Directors for all administrative matters including meeting notices and materials.
- Handles executives’ requests and queries promptly and appropriately.
- Attends and takes notes for board meetings and certain committee meetings.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings for senior leadership team with internal
and external constituencies.
- Assist with travel arrangements.
Budget, Finance & Administration
- Undertakes the tasks of receiving general as well as, finance and HR related calls, emails, and routing messages and correspondence.
- Prepares and submits payroll for review bi-weekly.
- Create internal administrative and finance reports, as well as requested reports for board
and finance and investments committee.
- Prepare weekly check deposits and record in QuickBooks and upload documents to our
- Weekly mail handling at Community Foundation of Western MA offices or any future alternative location where WFWM mail is received, including depositing, and filing checks, and reporting donations to the development team.
- Maintain Vendor Contract files and set-up vendors to receive ACH payments where possible.
- Reconcile invoices to purchase order records to identify discrepancies.
- Prepare and input approved accounts payable transactions for processing; including
processing manual checks as required.
- Retain all accounts payable records and files.
- Receive, audit, and process payments for employees’ travel and expense reports.
- Reconcile funds received with the Development department monthly.
- Perform other diversified accounting administrative duties in support of the general
accounting functions as requested.
HR & Team Management
- Coordinates distribution and collection of annual enrollment forms for benefits.
- Communicate with prospective candidates.
- Onboard new employees for payroll and benefits.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Senior Director of Operations or CEO/ED.
Qualifications and Skills
1-2 years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience. Familiarity with payroll processing platforms is a plus.
To be successful in this role you have:
- The ability to communicate with a high degree of clarity, timeliness, diplomacy and discretion with internal and external individuals and groups
- A high degree of integrity
- A strong growth mindset, and comfortable learning independently
- A strong desire to collaborate with others
- A passion for excellent external and internal customer service
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Excel, including formulas, and databases, Zoom, and Doodle.com
- Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of discretion
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to info[at]mywomensfund.org with the subject line “Administrative Manager”. Application materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. The Women’s Fund of Western Massachusetts is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.